Tuesday, March 17, 2009

becoming a rambler

Today is St. Patrick's Day, 2009. My favorite holiday. Pond and Chris Holcomb stopped by the OP, and we discussed our "plans", which were the equivalent of 5-year plans for most college grads, but we call them our "6 month plans." Why would you live with more committments than you need? My definition of success is being happy and working little.

Photobucket

I want seasonal jobs in 6-month tracts of time for a very long time. I don't see any reason to get a mortgage, a steady job, a marriage, a kid. I don't see a problem in using my mom's house as my "permanent address", and getting my mail in big paper sacks when I stop by home. I want a Subaru I can sleep in, a good dog, and a tall, long-haired travel buddy. I want to learn Basque and Spanish, and get tan on a Costa Rican beach. Does everyone want to live like this when they're young, or is it just a particular breed of us afflicted with wanderlust?

1 comment:

  1. I don't want long term jobs or permanent addresses either! I completely agree with you, lady Lael! Keep rockin'!

    ReplyDelete

gimme some love!