Friday, June 25, 2010

yard work

On rationalizing putting money into my house, even though I'm renting it and will lose all the work when I move away, my mom noted that "it doesn't matter if you're just renting a house; it's good to leave a place nicer than you found it." So we made this garden today.  Where before there was a hard-packed, semi gravel-filled patch of barren nothingness, now there's a nice green space.  And green spaces are good for the soul.

I was motivated my finishing this project, so I took a shovel to my back yard and laid waste to the dandelion population.  After doing yard for for five hours, I had to finally stop, fan my face with some junk mail like a southern lady at church, and contemplate recipes for mint juleps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

gimme some love!