Tuesday, August 12, 2008

and as we wind on down the road

if you're laying on the bow of a sailboat and looking sideways at the water, the earth looks not only flat, but vertical, up and down. You feel like you're headed straight downwards, and I feel like laughing a Captain Barbosa laugh as I intentionally capsize my ship and head to the end of the world, Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-style. But I keep it to myself and just laugh inwardly, or the others on the boat are going to think I'm talking in my sleep.

Photobucket

I like listening to old, old Bob Marley tracks, Cream, and the Stones' earlier stuff when we're on the boat. And Stone Temple Pilots' "Pretty Penny". I like bracing myself against the guy wires when we make a sharp turn so I don't fall off the deck. I like having to duck under as we come about so the boom doesn't smack me in the back of the head. I like living in my bathing suit, making sandwiches at the breakfast bar, and not going outside until after noon every day.

This kind of lifestyle is hard to maintain, but while we're on vacation and ignorant of everyday duties (like working your ass off to afford a lakehouse such as this) I'm content to think of it as a just desert. Or, just an opportunity que he aprovechado.

No comments:

Post a Comment

gimme some love!