Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Meet-n-greet at the Basque Clubhouse


Flag of Australia  
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
Well, we had a committee meeting tonight at the Club House (which, as it turns out, used to be a Polish clubhouse) and some tapas. They've got it pretty well organized, I think. Bego, the lady that has been my contact for the past few months, is the secretary (like me!) and sort of ran the meeting. She made sure it moved along smoothly, which was really nice b/c you know how committee meetings can run off on tangents and nothing gets done. Wow, I'm listening to Jason Mraz right now and he's really good. Mmm. Um, nothing else much is happening. Gari is here; tired, curly-haired and charming. We were both shocked to learn how hot their "winters" are. We have our ceiling fans on all the time, and I've been sleeping with no duna (blanket) and the AC on every night.


Jose and Dolores are as great as ever; Jose is crabby sometimes like an old Basco, but it's very, mmm, endearing. I asked if maybe Gari and I could borrow some bicycles, and he said gruffly in a Spanish and Australian accent (yes, both), "NO! It's too danherous por bicycles. I don't wan no problens. I don wan to bisit you at hospital, with your legs up in plaster." I laughed and asked the committee about bikes anyway.

Read more: http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/laelski/australia2005/1118799720/tpod.html#ixzz2HawZQP1p



No comments:

Post a Comment

gimme some love!